Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electra 192 and elitemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Hi, Just had the phone system for another site dropped into my lap and it is an electra 192 with an elitemail voicemail system.
I have the manual for the 192 and have been able to complete some programming changes, but the voicemail is a different story.
No manual there and I need to make some admin changes.
Do you have to access the elitemail through a laptop and program or can you access it through a phone?
If it is only through a laptop and program, can someone guide me to the software necessary and the variables needed(Null modem cable, etc)
If the programming can be done through the phone, can someone guide me to a place to purchase the manual to let me do this.
Any assitance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

You can access it through a phone, assuming that you are the system manager.

You may try getting to the main menu, and try extension 632 (NEC). If the last person was lax, and left that default in there, it will say "Amy Ronc" or "Sandy Simmons". Go PAST the part about "Would you like to access your setup options?" (press "2" for no), then if it says "Would you like to access system manager options", you're in.

Don't forget to change the password on box 632... it's a big security hole for phreakers.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

You can access the voice mail through telephone as gbaughma said or you can access with Co-Sessions software. A copy of it should have been left with the vm when installed or you can get your vendor to hook you up. It's only available through NEC vendor / reseller unless someone nice can hook you up here.

Gary

Alrighty,
I picked up the NEC Elite IPK Software and am ready to do some programming, but what kind of cabling is necessary to connect my laptop directly to the unit?

It looks as if I can program the auto attendant through this software. Seems kinda odd, but can someone tell me if this is really true?

Also, on the systems that I deal with mostly Avaya, some Nortel, and Vodavi, the user has the ability to program a button themselves on their phone with a feature. If you know the feature code, such as paging, is there a way to program this feature directly at the station level? I have looked through the manual for this(which is quite extensive and a bit impressive), but have not been able to locate what I am looking for. I might just be looking for the wrong wording.

As for the voicemail, there is a remote setup at the location, but I do not have the Co-sessions software for the mail. I can't get it through my vendor because my company had a falling out with the vendor, hence me struggling with the programming. Is there any other way to program this elitemail besides through the phone and without this program?
And if i were to try and access the voicemail, would I atttach to the remote access unit or directly to the voicemail card?

I know some of these questions are pretty basic and I apologize for my lack of knowledge.
I do very much appreciate any assistance that is given.
Thanks.

If you want the buttons to be user programmable you need to assign them in MB 4-12 as FEATURE ACCESS button or FA. I believe you can have up to 16 FA buttons per phone. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back