Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EJB "hot deploy" problem Weblogic 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2003
US
I have a web application running on WL 8.1 server, along with several EJB application modules. The web application consists of JSPs in an exploded structure (WAR file is NOT used). The home and remote interfaces for those EJBs are contained part of a utility jar file that resides in the WEB-INF/classes directory. I am not able to do a hot redeploy of the EJBs because of the fact that the home and remote interfaces cannot be reloaded as they are part of a different jar. Is there any work around that would enable me to hot deploy the EJBs?

Thanks,
Krish

The best way is to make your web deployment as .war and make your util jar files ie. the home and remote interface files, as part of your web war.

The other option could make your entire deployment into an EAR and deploy, if applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back