Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIGRP - what will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemorebeer

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
i've got a remote site with an 1811 router, then i've got our main site with two more 1811 routers. i've got GRE tunnels running between the remote site, and both routers at the main site, and then i've got eigrp advertising the networks. will this load balance based on eigrp's link state algorithm? or am i going to end up with routing loops. i'm jsut curiouse if i can double the bandwidth on my backup connection as the adsl pipe seems to be getting a little thin when put under a heavy load.

I'm assuming each 1811 at the main has separate adsl links? You would need to set traffic-share balanced under eigrp at the external site as this is the one with both links coming into it via gre. The external should then balance between the two tunnels. This won't get you much of a performance increase at the external location as the traffic is still travelling across one physical medium.

This should give the info you're looking for if I failed to describe it too well.

didn't work like I wanted it too. oh well. i'm going to post a new thread concerning my actual problem.

disregard that last post for a second. i realized that i screed up the eigrp network. i put in the wrong network/mask combination. but from what that document said the defaults are already set to traffic-share balance and variance 2 so this should happen automatically, which is good since when i set those, nothing showed up in the config. does this sound correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back