Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIGRP Routes Strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoFun

Technical User
Oct 18, 2001
US
At Core Site:
I have two Cisco 7206s each with one DS3 to the frame cloud
Each 7206 is connected to each other through two Cisco 5509 switches via Fast Ethernet

At Remote Site:
Cisco 2610 with two PVCs (one PVC to each of the 7206)
PVC 1 = 64k with 16kcir (DLCI 20 mapped to DLCI 16)
PVC 2 = 64k with 8kcir (DLCI 20 mapped to DLCI 17)

Drawing:

Remote Site (DLCI 20)
----------16kCir---|----8kCir-----------
| |
--------------FRAME CLOUD----------------
| DS3 | DS3
7206 #1 (DLCI 16) 7206#2 (DLCI 17)
| |
5509-------------100Mbit-------------5509

Question:

I have eigrp working on this network. It seems to do fine however I am consirned about 1 thing

On DS3#1 router I see to paths to the remote sites
On DS3#2 I see alot of routes to the remotes sites. SOme of them being remotes site routes passing routes to other remote site routes. Ugghhh

Could this be because of a few vlans between the 5509s? SOudl the vlans be passive eigrp interfaces?

Please Help Thank you for a great forum! Thank you all

I'm not 100% on this however with Eigrp on all routers it will propagate the network. I'm thinking that if you set CDP to no it may help you out. clear out your route touble and verify after setting no cdp enabled. Let me know and if someone else has a thought please post, good Luck! Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA
Sprint-Data

EIGRP will use the minimum bandwidth and aggregate delay to determine path costs. If you are noticing strange routes, it is probably due to a lack of bandwidth statements on the interfaces. You should go thru and set all your frame-relay interfaces to their CIR. You can include the burst rate in your description field if needed.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back