Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIGRP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasmit

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
Hello,

I have just installed eigrp on my routers at home, I am trying to redistribute them in to OSPF. I have frame relay working on my serial interfaces, I can ping one and another.

I setup ospf between router a and router b, using Frame relay and route map commands (no lmi and no keepalives configured) which works fine, but I setup eigrp example:

routerc> router eigrp 5
routerc(config-router)>network 192.168.2.0
routerc(config-router)>neighbor 192.168.2.1

routerb>router eigrp 5
routerb(config-router)>network 192.168.2.0
routerb(config-router)>neighbor 192.168.2.2

I can ping each other so I know they are communicated corretly. when I do a sh ip eigrp neighbors, I get nothing and when I do a sh ip eigrp traffic it says hellos sent but nothing recieved.

Is there a command I am missing just to get them functional?

Thanks

when using eigrp you do not need to use neighbor commands.
To make sure the problem is not encapsulation change the encapsulation to HDLC and see if the peoblem goes away.
For Eigrp to be enabled you need tow commands 1-an Eigrp Process number and 2-network number, which you have. You can also use "sh IP Protocol" to see if eigrp is enabled.
Hope this help.

Great!! I got the Eigrp to work, found out it was the Frame-relay screwing it up.

I was using frame relay Map statements with no keepalives, I assume eigrp was not able to send the hello's out the interface to do the update.

I have an issue with the redistibute now, brief description.

router A>router eigrp 5
router A(config-router)> network 192.168.2.0
router b>router ospf 1
router A(config-router)>network 192.168.1.0 area 0
router A(config-router)>redis eigrp 5
router A(config-router)>router eigrp 5
router A(config-router)>network 192.168.2.0
router A(config-router)>redist ospf 1

router c show's EIGRP in route table, but route a doesn't show ospf in route table. maybe again I must be missing a command, I looked online on cisco's site but was unsuccessful.

Thanks again,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back