Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EHDU not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTer85

Systems Engineer
May 12, 2021
US
MiVB R9.1 on MXeIII
User has a deskphone, EHDU, and Softphone as a Multi-device user group.
When I enable the presence for the EHDU and call the DID from external it goes through correctly. The call rings on the Desk phone and the External at the same time.
When I call from an internal MiNet phone it rings the desk phone once then goes directly to the cell phone vmail. We have tried to input different external DID's to test without any difference.
What is the difference between the way an external DID routes in then out to the EHDU versus a MiNet phone making the same call?

Only thing i can think of is calling line id
there was a cos option to send the CLI of the Base extension for internal calls
best to watch a trace of both calls
what type of trunks are they ?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I had some issues with SIP trunks, A Cluster, and EHDU.

Calls had the same symptoms as OP. The calls to the Cell phone would act like the cell was busy. I found that setting the EHDU to a non-cell number worked fine. The issue was with the call setup to the cell via the SIP trunks.

@billz66 they are on PRI. When I trace the calls I see the breakdown is correct. It rings to the external but goes right to the vmail. I tried the COS options: Display Held Call ID on Transfer and Hot Desk External User to Yes. Waiting to test with a tech on site.

have you tried different cell phone number ?

we have also had issues with mobile users setting the cli to blocked on the mobile device
the fact that its reaching the mobile means that its leaving the MIVB

I was thinking some kind of diversion for EHDU may be set in the sip peer. I to have run across the block number on cell, fun to troubleshoot that when everything else works

yeah it completely threw us once - have had it recently during covid with EHDA agents
our side looked grat - changing the associated numbre to mine worked
was only when the agents mobile was entered that the call didnt go through

- they had blocked the office main number on the cell - removing that made it all work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back