Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eGate seebeeyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

glo3trips

Programmer
Feb 23, 2006
US
I am using a file-eway to begin with. But, I have been asked to filter out certain docs ADT/ORM/ORU's, and send them once a day. I have this part happening. But, now they would like each docs messages to go into his own file. Is there a way to do this in either the eway or the collab? Thank you for your help.

I didnt read all the posts so you might have it fixed but you could write the file directly from the monk instead of using the eway. That would give you the chance to change the file name on the fly depending on which doc you found.

I quit reading the conversation also but I think doing something in the collab would work nicely. It should be easy enough to write a small monk function to create a file with the name scheme for example: DR12345.20060606.dat using PV1-17 or whichever doc field it was. Then you pass in that ~input%... field to the function to append the next record to that file. It would create one file per doc per day or if you like add the hour but then you get more files per doc per day. Just be sure to open, append, and close the file with each record. If I understand the problem it seems the solution in the collab would be the simplest. And I'm still laughing about the SQL statement our colleague has been using on the posts.

Jesse.

I can't take credit for that SQL, it came from a T-shirt. I used to wear it for downtimes. Only one manager got it and she just laughed too.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back