Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

efficient 5360 dsl modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpyne

Technical User
Feb 24, 2002
US
I have a 5360 efficient dsl modem thay I am trying set up with a linksy cable dsl ethernet router.The modem works without the router and the router works on other systems.But no matter what i cant get them to work together.I have tried to do the firmware upgrade which is supposed to fix a problem that is common with this modem but when I try to do the upgrade it stops and right after the download message comes on and I get either a unknown error or if i look really close a error 232 message and than something about the hardware not being updated.I am willing to do whatever I have to to fix this problem even if it means getting a different router, modem or both.The choice I dont have is another isp cause this is about it for my choices.I have sbc yahoo as the dcl company and it is always on I dont have to click on anything to get on the internet just have to type in a addy in the addy bar and click go.If anyone can help me with this it sure would be appreciated with advice on how to fix this or a combination of equipment that will work.

Please Help me cpyne

I have fixed the problem thanks anyways people

I have problems with my Efficient 5360 modem when connectiong it to a router. I have have SBC/DSL. How can I rectify?

struzik9 are you using a linksy router?If you are like I was that was my problem. I switched to a netgear router and I have no more problems.

I got over this problem by using a crossover cable between modem(another router) and router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back