Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Effects of changing Default Email Delivery Location in Outlook 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdegeorge

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi

My company's policy is that they don't provide much email storage space for users on the LAN, so they suggested that I change my default delivery location to a PST file on my hard drive, which would remove the limitation.

I'm about to do that but get a warning message
You have changed the default delivery location for your e-mail. This will change the location for your Inbox, Calendar, and other folders.
I expected only the INBOX to be moved, so I'm concerned that my calendar will be wiped out and a new one created in the PST file rather than the existing calendar moving over to the PST.

Does anyone know what Outlook will do in this situation? The LAN folks don't know, and I searched the MS Outlook knowledgebase and couldn't find anything about the calendar.

I'll leave things be and archive frequently until I can get this sorted out. I'd appreciate any insight about this. Thanks!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Hmmm. That's interesting. There are a lot of conditions to try! I'll select "Where my name is in the To of CC box" and see if that moves everything or just some, then work from there.

Thanks for the idea! Enjoy the star!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Any ideas about the calendar, though? It seems that the company policy deletes calendar items as well. I'd like to have the calendar in the PST too.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

I would guess there would be a way to move your appointments with VBA but couldn't tell you how to do that off the top of my head. You could make a copy of your calendar folder so if it does get wiped out you would still have the appointments.

Didn't know you could copy the calendar! I might give that a try...after a few drinks! :)

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back