Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eeking inst. to replace cdrom/floppy combo of laptop 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelleyot

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
Hi folks;
I was having an intermittant problem with the cdrom of my ibm390e which I used primarily for spec. ed kids during therapy, and it's now clear there's a problem with the rom. I bought a cdrom/floppy combo replacement but can't figure out how to crack the case open to get to it. The combo unit looks easy enough to install once access is achieved: but maybe looks are deceiving. It seems I've already lost $ on this particular laptop deal, and if I can do this myself I could save about 50 scarce-bucks. Any help wil be highly valued, and many kids will will be appreciative as well!
Thank you....

Fear Not

Here's how you do it:
Removing the old combo bay:
1. Ensure that the power is off
2. Turn unit over
3. Press and hold the lock to release lever.
4. Slide the ComboBay out to remove the assembly

Installing:
1. Insert the ComboBay
2. Press firmly until it lock catches.

That is all there is to it. If you have any other questions you can refer to Ibm's website under support and there are publications and other things related to your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back