Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EE-mail merge, how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDY

Programmer
May 26, 2003
US
I'd like somehow e-mail an individually customized report to each employee. An automatic e-mail merge if you will. I know that I can send a report via e-mail (Exchange in my case) from CR but it seems to require me to enter the addressee for each report. I'd like CR to figure that out and put the individually customized report into a message and send it for me for each employee.

I can query the database for the email address of the employee.

Do-able?
Thanks

You could do this with a front-end app in VB (or some other language). The VB app could loop through the employee list, create a report for each employee and email it. VB has hooks for MAPI.

Thanks,
That is what I decided to do and I have it implemented in VB Script but... This is for the personnel department and they might like to do this sort of thing often once they know it can be done. I don't want to have to write a new program for them everytime they want to mass mail an individualized report to each employee so, if it can be managed in Crystal Reports (which they have), that would be great.
Thanks again,
DDY

Still wondering if Crystal Reports can do an E-Mail merge and then email the results to individual addresses.

This seems like it would be a nice feature.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back