Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDLU Card for BC3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinjin

Technical User
Jun 12, 2002
GB
Hi guys,
Has anyone heard of EDLU cards which were used as backup media fir BC Exchanges. Where I can get some infomation about this?

Hi,

Probably You can get some more info in Ericsson Museum, If they have one in Stockholm....

Cheers,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

jinjin,

This was QDLU (not EDLU) ROA 219 4257/1 card - BIG size, not PCI, inserted to PC.
In fact it was SCSI interface, connected to IOU ROF 131 828/2 (IOU -InputOutputUnit).

There was also QDLU program, DOS based.
The program emulated external tape recorder (like Tandberg).
With the commands FAVOI, FATAE, FASTI etc you could prepare backup and execute it with DUUDI.

Finally you had MD backup on the PC and it was VERY easy to make reserve backups copies. Just copy last file to different folders.

No f-ing MINIX, MDDT, no pain in the a-s.

QDLU was working really very good and was very reliable .

QDLU was phased out in BC6, when IPU+HDU2 were introduced.

Any more questions, just ask

Regards

We are using QDLU. Ericsson is supporting it anymore and we have noway of sourcing this cards. That is why we are looking for an alternate option, which is called EDLU. Apparently they are using this in Singapore and Ireland. It is more like an HDU, pluggin card but has an interface for the old IOU card.

A BC3 still in operation?amazing isn't it.

Experience it, there is no substitute.

jinjin,

Shop around for second hand card.
I know at least one company in my country able to deliver QDLU board.

Regards

it's phased out in ///, but you still to look for other sites in ur area to have a spare one.

Avstral,
Can they deliver to UK. Can you please send some info about this place.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back