Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing xmldirectory.asp in Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizm76

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
Hi all,
I'm just looking to change the name of my company's directory that appears in the phone. I located what looks to be the name in the xmldirectory.asp file. Can I just change it there? Will the change take effect immediately?

I'm running call manager 4.1.3

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, you can Change it in the ASP File and it will change immediatley, because the phone loads this xml Page every Time, you select the Corporate Directory.

Shure, you have to make a copy of the origin file and do this on a Saturday or Sunday, to test it before.
If you have a TFTP Server, you can also load the new xmldirectory.asp to this Server and Change the Directory URL for your Phone, to test it (Phone --> External Data Locations Information).

Ok, so I finally got around to giving this a try. I have a publisher and a subscriber and when I check the phones they are getting the xmldirectory file from my publisher. Here's a part of my file:

var name = String(Request.QueryString("Name").Item);
Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
Response.Buffer = true;
//Response.Write("<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>\r\n<Prompt>Select a directory</Prompt>\r\n<MenuItem>\r\n<Name>Associate Directory</Name>\r\n<URL>" + getBaseURL() + "xmldirectoryinput.asp</URL>\r\n</MenuItem>\r\n</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>");
%>
<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
<Prompt><% = outputString( dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt, "dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt" ) %></Prompt>
<MenuItem>
<Name><% = outputString( dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory, "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %></Name>
<URL><% = getBaseURL() %>xmldirectoryinput.asp</URL>
</MenuItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
<%

The piece labeled Associate Directory is what I want our phone to display not Corporate directory. The phones won't seem to update though, they are getting Corporate Directory from somewhere. I've tried changing every mention of Corporate Directory in the file but nothing fixes it.

Is there something I'm missing?

try to change this part:
%>
<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
<Prompt><% = outputString( dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt, "dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt" ) %></Prompt>
<MenuItem>
<Name><% = "Associate Directory"%></Name>
<URL><% = getBaseURL() %>xmldirectoryinput.asp</URL>
</MenuItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
<%
it should help.

Awesome. That did the trick. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor