Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing the InfoView History page code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsz

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
US
On Crystal Reports Server XIr2, within the InfoView application the History option lists out all the report instances by default. This includes Recurring events. The user can switch to showing only completed events per each history panel.

What I want to do is default to showing only the completed events. This installation is running under Tomcat on Windows Server 2003.

(BO offers no documentation on InfoView but will modify your system for consulting fees. I'm hoping to avoid these hefty fees.)

Under the previous versions, when the code was just ASP/CSP, it was pretty easy to find and alter the InfoObject queries that drove the InfoView pages. Within this setup I've altered many pages to customize InfoView's appearance. I've added a few custom graphics and suppressed a all BO graphics. Java, which I'm not adept with, makes this editing a bit more difficult, but possible. But I have not been able to locate the file(s) that contains the query that populates the History listing.

I'd appreciate hearing from people who have customized or altered InfoView in order to make a simple edit like this.

Robert

You need to have a (long) read of the SDK documentation contained in a file called Java_docs.zip which ships with the installation media.

I agree it's harder with jsp, your best bet is to get google desktop search going and search for relevant sdk calls in all jsp files under the tomcat install directory. It's tough going, but its the only option really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back