Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing the Horizontal Slidehow created in Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkalone

Technical User
Oct 23, 2005
US
i'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but i just put my photoshop-generated web photo galleries up on my website at and if you click on "Street Photography" you'll get to the gallery. You'll notice that the description part is empty and i really would like to be able to add stuff to it.

i tried just adding the info in the seperate HTML files created for each photo, but once i changed the first few of them and uploaded them, i noticed that it just kept the info of the first html file for all the photos in the slideshow... it didn't change along with each photo...

does anyone know how/where i can add the info to the photos???

i would really appreciate your help. thanks!

Hey the website did work TWB.

walkalone - What program are you using to create the site? Photoshop and ImageReady only or Dreamweaver or GoLive?

We need a bit more info from you in order to help.

Thanks!

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

vakohles,
You're right, the link is fine. Dunno why I couldn't access it earlier. I checked and double checked to be sure but it works now.
Anyway, I think we need to see how this html is generated.
I've looked at the html for one of the images and it includes this:
Code:
						<div id="imageInfo">
							<div class="content">

<span class="header">FILE: </span><span id="fileName"></span> 
							</div>
						<div class="content">
								<span class="header">TITLE: </span><span id="captionTitle"></span> 
							</div>
							<div class="content">
								<span class="header">DESCRIPTION: </span><span id="fileInfo">                               </span> 
							</div>

<div class="content">
								<span class="header">CREDITS: </span><span id="credits"></span> 
							</div>

<div class="contentLast">
								<span class="header">COPYRIGHT: </span><span id="copyright"></span> 
							</div>
						</div>
That makes me think that you should be able to populate that html with your description details.

Trojan.

hi guys, i am using Dreamweaver 8 to edit the files.

i tried inserting the info in the html above, like i just added the info right behind "description", etc, but when i did that it kept the same info for all of the photos, regardless of me changing it in all the html files... so, it would have the description of the first photo for all of the photos...

I guess you need to find out how the images change and use that as a vehicle to change the html.

Trojan.

i just wonder if that would even help, because i noticed that even though the pictures change, when i leave the mouse over the photos, it always shows the filename of the first photo in the little info pop-up...

Yes, it might.
Whatever engine is used to change the images might be available to be used to change other things too.
I would guess it's JavaScript but I haven't looked into it too much.

Trojan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back