Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Problems with Crystal 8.0 displaying in Word2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

1jelena

Programmer
Feb 20, 2003
US
I use Crystal 8.0. The template pulls data from a stored proc and displays the data in Word 2000. As far as data's concerned everything's fine, but some editing stuff just doesn't come through. In the Crystal preview everything looks fine but in Word 2000 there are problems:
1. If the title textbox is grows to be over 1 line, the second line becomes left justified instead of centered. In the format editor I set it centered and tried a formula as well.
2. I have a formula to push some data to the next page for a certain group, again everything looks fine in preview; in Word, everything's jammed on the single page.
3. I inserted a line on the middle of the page - it shows up in preview and not when run it in Word2000.

Did anyone run into these issues with Word2000/Crystal 8.0?
Any suggestions? These templates need to become automated and with these editing problems the user will not accept the document.

Frustrated...

Exporting is always a dicey thing.

There are hotfixes at crystaldecisions.com that might help, and I tend to use RTF instead of Word as the export tends to be cleaner, and Word can open the files without a hitch.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

You could try Excel. Or Acrobat/PDF, where the software to read the documents can be downloaded for free. Madawc Williams
East Anglia
Great Britain

Thank you for your suggestions _but_ this has to be exported to word, since there's another app picking it up as a word doc, over which I have no control.

Please, does anyone has any suggestions how to fix my problem in Word 2000...

Again, whatever app is expecting Word is likely going to work with an RTF just fine.

Word exports have problems, more so than RTF.

On some occasions I will create 2 instances of a report, one for viewing, and one for exporting to rewsolve this sort of problem. You can even have just one report and use a parmeter to suppress the appropriate sections depending upon whether you view or export.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back