Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Fiscal Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow38x

Technical User
May 28, 2001
US
A couple of questions from someone who is not very familiar with Peachtree but trying to help out the accounting team:

We have had a change in fiscal year start date, and wish to make December of 2001 into an entire fiscal year unto itself. We are currently set up on a yearly basis beginning in December and ending in November. Is there a way to edit our fiscal year setup to accomodate this switch-over?

If we create a new company, there are options for setting up fiscal year periods any way we want, but we are unsure how to import the company data that has already been input into our original company.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

The only way you can do it is by creating a new company and completing the import process you mentioned. It is a lengthy process and can be complicated when payroll and inventory are in the mix.

I have done several data conversions and found it best to go in a certain order. Primarily setup your empty company, setup defaults, import lists, enter beg balances, import transactions. Be careful if they have used quotes in the description fields, they can really mess you up.

Good Luck
BGTEK

Thanks. I'll be going through the process today. I also (finally) found a step-by-step list in the Peachtree Help index.

Things aren't going so well. Some of the exports have imported fine, but several error out. I opened some of the export files in a word editor, and stripped out the quotes, but I'm still having import problems. Could you be more specific about the quote problem and what is done to solve it?

So far, it seems as though the Peachtree update process is quite clumsy.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back