Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing code no longer takes effect in application...VB 2008 express 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinFever

Programmer
Sep 28, 2009
US
VB 2008 express:
This afternoon (using all day) no matter what changes I make to the code or design, my VB application stays the same when debugged or published.
I can even go in and delete EVERY line of code and it still runs (Debugging) and publishes just fine.

Bad code will not show as error in error list.

What is going on?

Closed program, restarted, PC rebooted same results.

This is not a new installation of VB2008EXP

Fixed it...
I selected everything on design copied it, deleted it then pasted it back...all is well

I've never heard of that before, but you might try right clicking on the Solution or Project and select clean. If that doesn't do it then you could try deleting the everything under both Debug/Release in the obj and bin sub folders. As long as you have already restored your code to the project after having delete it.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Are you compiling the project as debug or release... this will send the output to different directories under /bin/. You might be compiling it one way, but looking in the other directory.

debugging...what I thought was a fix really just showed the changes visually in design panel. But, when debugging it runs but none of the buttons work & textbox fields are now blank where they filled in with information from my bound data in datagrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back