Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editable regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucD

Programmer
Dec 1, 2004
BE
Is there such thing in Golive as Editable Regions? I know Dreamweaver has it, and now i'm working with Golive and need to make a part of my navigation bar editable on every page.

Yes go to windows template regions............

This is only in version 6.0

TRACEYTEK,

I was just curious .. because I am trying to figure out which to go with.

I am asking the age old question and trying to get the best answer.

Which is better .. Dreamweaver MX or GoLive 6?

Are you familiar with both .. enough to give me a solid opinion??

Please help or let me know where I can get a comparison between the two (from users).

Thanks,
Gary Gordon
Gary M. Gordon, LLC
webmaster@garymgordon.com
Certified Web Developer ::
Application Programmer

Hey Gary. As I have said before, I am still a fan of GoLive for this too. I feel like it is an easier interface and a little more friendly.

I create template pages for several university Web sites that are mangled by "Webmasters" from different schools and departments. Since I started using the template regions in GoLive, life has been much easier. I saved my workspace to show the pallette for the regions too and whenever I need one I just select what I want and click the "add new region" icon. Works like a charm and they are easy to manage.

Really, I think the steps are the ssame in Dreamweaver too. I have used them there to an extent, but really I am just sold on the GoLive interface and usability more.

I have clients that use Dreamweaver and the template/editable regions work the same in both, so I never have problems when I give a GoLive created template to a Dreameweaver user. Pretty interchangable.

I did a template for one of the quarterly publications and made just the area that they could add to editable. I also made only one link in the navigation editable and that was enough for them. I even had to add a JavaScript drop down menu that was to change every issue, so that was left editable too. I found that you can be very detailed and creative very easily with the regions. Very nice feature.

No real help in your comparison. I just say find what is most comfortable for you and go with it. I keep both programs because I like to use Dreamweaver for certain things. But I am primarily a hand coder or GoLive user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back