Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editable List Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

panzer73

MIS
Sep 26, 2005
US
Is there any way to create an editable list box? I have a client that wants to be able to enter in an employees time into their database. These forms are submitted to them via a Word document that has a table in it with the correct information. The client wants to be able to copy and paste the table in the word document and paste it into an Access database form and have that populate a database. Is there any way to do this using an editable list box? I think the client would be okay with using giving their employees an excel form to fill out if it would be easier to do that. What do you think?

I think indeed an excel form would be easier to directly import the data into an access database. But I don't think an editable listbox is a good control for this. Maybe import directly as a tabel? but a lot depends on what the layout of the data is.
Maybe you could build a database where employees/users can summit their data directly into the database (f.e. with a webinterface0; then their have to be not importing/ exporting hocus spocus and so on...

Pampers.

You're never too young to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back