Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editable DataGrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooody1245

Programmer
Sep 13, 2005
US
I have an application with several DataGrids. The grids are populated from DataSets returned from a webservice. I would like to allow the users to edit/add the data within the grid and then apply those changes to the database.

What is the best way to approach this?

I have spent hours searching online but most of the sites are discussing the ASP DataGrid. I need to do this inside of an application. I have yet to find a decent way to accomplish this within an application.

I was hoping to find someone who had actually done this before.

search the full name of the object. example: name.space.of.DataGrid. this should land you on MSDN from there you can begin to find the information you are looking for.

I would not recommend the code samples provided by MS. but it will give you some insight into how they work. once you have that, return to your search engine of choice and search for the next piece of the puzzle. continue until you can put all the pieces together.

I can understand the hours of searching. When you don't know what to look for it's hard to find it :)

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back