Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Start up Options 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lushh

MIS
Sep 3, 2006
PH
hi guys.. i have already accessed the start up options on my database. i have unchecked the allow full menus, allow default shortcut menus, allow built-in toolbars, allow toolbar/menu changes and use access special keys options. the problem is that when i want to incorporate some modifications in my database, i can no longer access the toolbars. is there anyway i could return the default settings? thanks in advance.

Hold shift and enter pressed down while starting up the database. You will bypass the startup options and are able to use the toolbars, menu and shortcuts again.

Pampers [afro]
Keeping it simple can be complicated

Thhis may also help for disabling all features including the shift key. It is easy to enable with this little database.

Have a goood look at the website for robot parade in the UK. thhe owner has a utility that will disable all features in any database. Sorry can note remember web site. I have answered similar question on this site, when I find it again (the website)will update FAQ on security.

Hope this helps.

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Holding down the SHIFT key SHOULD enable all the file menu and toolbars. keep it presses down until the database has started. No forms will open but you will see the toolbars, files menu and a minimised window of the database's forms/queries/tables/etc.
As this doesn't appear on you jpeg I assume you didn't keep you finger on the shift key.

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
Programming is 1% coding, 50% error checking and 49% sweat as your application bombs out in front of the client.

ok. got it.. it worked.. thanks guys... it's really a big help.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back