Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit PDF text for Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebisabes

Technical User
Aug 11, 2006
US
If I purchase and install Adobe Acrobat (my boss has 6.0) will this allow me to edit scanned or received PDF documents as though they are word documents.?

I often have to edit contracts that must stay in the original format... what program do I use to edit the acutal text of the PDFs?

...acrobat professional can make basic edits although the most widely used plugin out there is Enfocus Pitstop Pro which prepress users need to make more advanced edits to most pdf files that get thrown at them...

...editing pdf's can be a real pain sometimes even with these tools...

Andrew

...changing the odd text word here and there might be OK, but changing hefty paragraphs and adjusting line breaks can be problematic, you won't be able to achieve this using the watered down versions of acrobat...

Andrew

...pdfs are really intended to be FINAL format and in most cases it is easier to edit the source files than to edit pdf's...

Andrew

...there are windows applications that can save from pdf to word, acrobat can save to word format too, although both these methods, in my experience, are rarely any good...

Andrew

Thanks! I called Adobe and they said Adobe Professional is the one I'll want. $499... ouch, but it'll do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back