Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit masks - we need a cross between 9999 and 0000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scb1776

Programmer
Dec 29, 2006
US
We are running CR XI.

We have a parameter field that is an int, however when we reload the parameters entered by the user if they entered more than 3 digits we do not want to see commas.
In other word we want the parameter to look like 2345 not 2,345.

However, we do want commas in all of the other number fields in the report, so changing the format for numbers on the report is not an option.

We have tried making it a string and using an edit mask, if we use 9999 as the mask then the user could enter 88 8, which would be invalid.
We have also tried using 0000 as the mask, the problem is that the user cannot be required to supply all of the digits.

Is there any way that we can have the user enter only digits but not indicate how many they need to enter?

This is really unclear. Is the parameter a number parameter? Is this about how the number displays on the parameter screen?

I just created a number parameter and entered 123,456. It was returned as 123456 when the parm was placed directly on the report. In other words, the commas were stripped from the entered number.

-LB

Sorry, I will try and clarify.

This is only about how the number parameter looks in the prompt screen.

The comma appears when we attempt to reload the report and prompt for new parameters. The prompt window is brought up with the previously entered values. That is when the comma appears.

For example, the first time we run the report we use 1234 in the prompt field and everything is fine. However when we re-load the report and choose prompt for new values the field shows 1,234.

The report format for numbers includes the comma because that is what we need for the other numbers in the report.

If this was just a field on the report I could override the format setting, but since this is only in the parameter window I can't find a way to do that.

If you are unwilling to change the formatting in file->options, I don't think this can be done.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back