Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Import Specification in Access 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie52

Technical User
Mar 13, 2009
US
Is there any way to view/edit saved import specs in 2007? I had a number of import specs that imported xls files quite nicely but now we have to import xlsx files. I re-wrote them and they worked just fine yesterday. Today, I'm getting error 3011. The file is exactly where it should be so I don't get it. I wonder if my code is cranky:

DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "Import-MilstripOpenHistory"

In earlier versions of Access, you could create queries based on the msys tables with the import/export data. These queries would allow you to edit the records directly. I typically don't recommend you mess with these unless you backup your files and understand what you are doing.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Yes, I knew that. Actually, now I'm not sure whether the 3011 error refers to the spreadsheet I want to import or the destination table. I just realized the table was missing so I imported a backup copy and tried to run the import specification again. I got the same error and the table is missing again.

I understand that the table is supposed to get deleted before the data is imported. But, I'm not sure at what point that happens. Any thoughts?

I just discovered that the owner of the external spreadsheet made changes to it that affected my import specification. Wow! Let's hear it for internal communication. I re-wrote the spec and am good to go now. Thanks for taking this trip with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back