Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit ComboBox in Subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

legs00

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
CA
Hi Everyone,

Ok...this problem got a little worse!
This is the thing. My form and subform are connected to this table "Assignment". In my form I have a ProjectID textbox and in my subform I have a combobox ResourceID. Both make up my primary key in the Assignment table, ProjectID & ResourceID.
Now when I change the ResourceID I do my validations if everything is alright the only field that is updated in my table is the ResourceID but the Primary key remains the same as before. This creates a big problem!!!

Now I tried to add a recordset that updates the table in my BeforeUpdate but that still does not update my table. Then I tried to put that piece of code in the AfterUpdate and it still doesn't work. Finally I tried to put the validation and the recordset to update table in the cmbResourceID_Change() and that doesn't work either because I get a Write Conflict Error Message!

What do you suggest I do?? Please does any one have any idea!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back