Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDI to XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndiusMaximus

Technical User
Feb 3, 2004
AU
Greetings,
Has anyone had a crack at converting traditional EDI message to XML?

What tools would be best used to do this? Would it be a good idea to use .Net and write a sample XML document then create a schema based on this?

Anyone with any experience or ideas on how to go about doing this and can share the info would be much appreciated.

Hi there,

We've done the other way around. XML to EDI and then to an SAP IDoc. Don't know if that's useful

We use Gentran NT 3.2 for XML->EDI and EDI->XML. We have good success with it.

Swebiz,Jesuspain,Crimson74.

Thank you all for your feedback. I've got some research to do now. Much Appreciated.

Thanks

Biztalk 2002 or 2004 is a great solution for this...

We are using Sybase's ECMap product, which allows one to create an X12 from XML, XML from X12, or any variation thereof. Additionally, one can create XML Schemas and then import those into the ECMap tool which really saves time.

I'm actually writing my own translator using VBA - Access XP has some nice text reading/manipulating tools. Its moving along rather nicely, but I would not suggest this if you don't need to or want to be infinitely familiar with EDI.

There's a Java open source solution at sourcefore named EDIReader. I've tried it any it works for my X12 interchanges, although I haven't tried it for EDIFACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back