Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

edi ship to xref for consolidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
using 7.7.300. My question is: Can an EDI customer be both direct ship as well as consoldated?

Customer orders ship-to-store as well as consolidated. Consoldated orders are transmitted using a ship-to/mark-for relationship. How would I set up the ship-to/mark-for? The ship to (N1*ST)will either be the DC# for consolidated or Store# for ship-to-store. If it is a DC code, where do I tell it to look for the mark for (N1*Z7)? The help screens are not all that helpful.

Thanks.

SRMEDI,

Are you having issues with generating shipment labels using WMS, and/or creating the ASN? If you could provide some detail on the document you are trying to create that would be helpful.

Are you labeling each case with a UCC128? How are youe packing each type of order, DTS and Cross Dock, would also be helpful.

This is a format example for the Ship To/Mark For orders that we receive:

N1*ST*DC *92*1234~
N3*DIST CTR* DOOR 1~
N3*123 ANY DRIVE~
N4*ANYWHERE*VA*236030000~
N1*Z7*STORE NAME*92*4568~

Since this customer also sends pos that are ship to store, I need the system to look at the N1*ST. Yes, this customer requires UCC-128 lables as well as ASNs. They way it works right now, is that the BOLs and Lables show only the DC, and not the Mark For information. I know that there has to be a way to handle this, but all available documentation examples show the setup if the store # is the N1*ST 04 with the DC setup as the Alternate Address in the EDI Ship-To XREF. There has to be something that I am missing.

Not sure how to make this work, since all available documentation shows setting up the Xref for the Ship To (store) and with the Alternate Location as the DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back