Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

edi job roles 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

joex

Programmer
Jan 1, 2001
US
I need to know if /where I can find some information on the job requirements that define the edi group/team. I would like to know what the mapper is required to do, what the co-ordinator needs to do. I am doing all the jobs in the process at this time, Trading Partner setup, Mapping, Testing, & any interaction with the TP's. I would just like to see the roles defined in a document that I can use for the future when my company hires more people. Is there a website with this information?
Thanks,
Joex

I don't know where you can find information about the job requirements on the web but I can at least give you an idea as to what some of the different roles can be defined as.

EDI Coordinator/Project Manager:
Typically a manager of sorts who is required to report to upper management about new projects and current timelines. Usually acts as a Project Manager by defining scope, business requirements, and general management of employees/consultants.

EDI Analyst:
Usually does the grunt work that the EDI Coordinator/Project Manager doles out. Responsible for EDI design, interface design, documentation, gap analysis, and detailed business requirements. Can act as EDI mapper, implementor, partner setup, document flow and system design.

EDI Programmer:
Usually involved in the EDI mapping but mainly involved with writing custom interfaces between EDI system and application system (such as the database). Most often not used to work directly with customer. Usually involved with the EDI design.

EDI Manager:
Usually not too involved with the day to day of EDI but has experience in all aspects of the EDI life cycle (from EDI design to application system knowledge). Doesn't usually do the work but offers MANAGEMENT insight.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Thank you very much for the information. I think this will help setting up roles at our company.

Joex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back