Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDI Implementation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish28

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
US
I am managing what amounts to a supply chain B2B project for one of the US's largest electronic retailers. They have little if any existing B2B functionality, including exactly zero EDI experience. They wish to electronically connect over 3000 suppliers and 300 vendors, with "real time" visibility to Purchase Orders and Tracing detail from the transportation vendors. I would estimate that 10-15% of the suppliers have existing EDI technology, and 40-50% of the transportation providers have some flavor of EDI. My budget is nearly limitless, but I need to consider the costs to the suppliers and vendors. It is widely recognized that the solution must be web-based to ease implementation. Is a Wal-Mart-style AS2 solution the answer? How about XML? Is there a new breed I should investigate? Thanks.

Do not have access to Retail-link and as a UK software developer have no idea how to get access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back