Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDI for GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

metsales

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2003
US
We are on Great Plains V7.5 and are interested in implementing EDI for POP. Can anyone recommend an EDI package that works well with Great Plains?

There is a company called vSync ( you may want to check out. I have heard good things about the company though I have no first-hand experience working with them.

did you ever purchase vSync because we're currently using Gertran Director?

We use vSync and and the integration to GP is the primary reason we went with them. For us, the integration is virtually error free. Our consultant was very good as well. I would highly recommend them. Their software uses Gentran for the EDI management and their GP interface to looks and feels just like GP.

we've decided to go with True Commerce because it will take care of everything and we don't need 2 systems(Gentran director and vSync) because it will take care of both task.

We have now been using vSync for almost 9 months. Working with vSync has been a great experience. They know what they are doing and have addressed all issues completely and professionally. I recommend using them for any EDI project.

We are currently on Great Plains v7.5 and after several years of doing our outbound EDI transactions "cheap and dirty" from Great Plains to our EDI translator we purchased VSync last month and are currently in the setup and testing phase of this solution. We are thrilled with the results we are getting so far and I agree with metsales statement that working with VSync has been a great experience so far. With 49 active TP's VSync is proving itself that it will be a real time-saver, not to mention the cost savings realized with integrating our EDI. ::)

We are getting ready to switch to EDI from the regular ACH transactions. I would appreciate any tips any one can give me as to how to proceed. It's all up to me here and all I have is the file specification from the bank. How do I get my hands on the EDI translator? Cheap and dirty will be fine at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back