Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDI Exception Handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajatpk

Programmer
Apr 7, 2005
US
Buddy,
1.Wanna idea abot EDI Exception Handling?
2.what is EDIFIX 5.0 & EDISIM 4.0 MQ? pls

thx in Advance.

Rgds,
Raja Kumar.

1 = 997
2 Do you mean EDIFACTS?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

hi BocaBurger,
1.from ur reply..997 is Functional Acknowledgement..
wanna to know abt what's "EDI EXception Handling"
2.wanna abt EDIFIX & EDISIM?pls

Exception handling is what you do when there is something wrong with the EDI data you get. How bad is your data? The 997 can indicate that some of the data was not functional.

What EDI program to you use? What does it have for this function?

BocaBurger

thankx BocaBurger..
1.wanna details about EDI Batch Processing..where can apply
it?
2.wanna details about "Extol EDI Integrator " pls?
3.wanna to implement UNIX platform for my new project..
no idea about UNIX for implementation..pls give suggestions.

Thankx in Advance.

Starting from #3. First learn UNIX (try Linux or Solaris 10 (their free). BTW, on UNIX batch programs are called shell scripts.
#2, contact their sales & support groups. If they can't supply you with the information you need now, what will you do when there is a real problem.
#1, I work for a company that automates EDI processing, can't see much of a reason to batch process it.

Cheap commercial message: See Ascential DataStage TX EE and Commerce Manager products. Run on Windows, UNIX, Linux and Z/OS USS.

BocaBurger

Thx Boca.
Having some more Doubts Pls..
1.How can i take backup file for my project.
2.Is it possible for "TESTING" on my project in myself..If yes please tell how is it?
3.wanna migration from mercator 6.7 to ascential datastage 7.5 ..how?

1. If you are using Mercator / Ascential, the software automatically created a backup (unless you turn this off) every time you save the file.

2. I don't quite understand the question. What level of testing do you need? Get test data and run the maps.

3. For most maps, trees etc. just open a copy in 7.5.1 and save. Then run to see if you get the same output. We recommend re-importing any imported trees (SAP, XML etc.) and if you are using and company supplied trees (EDI etc.) you use the new 7.5.1 version.

If you have database connections and use the Event Server contact support for a patch for EC60894.

BocaBurger

EDISIM is a documentation software tool from Foresight Corporation ( for creating implementation guides for X12 and EDIFACT.

EDIFIX 5.0 is a similar documentation tool that also allows you to create data models, XML schema, implementation guides with custom designed formats and an infinite number of notes. It creates the documentation in RTF and HTML. Additionally, you can create sample data in your notes and it will create sample transactions with that data.
EDIFIX is used by the UNECE for EDIFACT data dictionary creation and maintenance, the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG), The Retail Automotive Industry Group, STAR, the OASIS UBL Technical Committee and many more companies and industry associations.

You can download a free evaluation version of EDIFIX 5.0 as well as several free XML Readers from
Sylvia Webb
info-us@gefeg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back