Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edges on text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
IT
I'm trying to get an edge on some text created on a solid layer. I've tried to put the stroke filter on the layer, but I can't seem to see an edge around the text. Anyone have any ideas?

Use the Path Text Plugin to create the text. If you don't have the Path Text Plugin, go to the adobe site and download it for free. With this plugin you can move your text all over the page with paths, or you can kern animate it, type it on, and also put a nice stroke around your text. Check out the AE FreeMart for lots of tutorials for the path text plugin.

Have fun!

After you apply your stroke with the slider, be sure to use the pull-down menu "Display Options" on the effect controls pallet to select 'stoke over fill' or 'fill over stroke'...the default is 'Fill only'...hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back