Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDC authorization issue SHA-1 vs SHA-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauldfw

ISP
Mar 27, 2018
US
Using EDC v6.7.16
Aloha quick serve 6.7.17
With takeout

Suddenly my credits will not get a authorization. Had someone look at it and they said it was because of the SHA-2 versus SHA-2 encryption

My options are to the place all the software calling N..C..Rwhich will require updated terminals and complete package of software

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to continue to get authorization for credit cards on SHA-1?

The other option is to no longer use EDC And go to be terminals for cc processing

just have any 3rd party aloha company run the anytime update. tis not very hard. Does require a few windows patches.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

You mind giving more details.. i thought the sha-2 was the seever encryption.

AlohaRoss - Is anytime update still possible on Windows machines?

Thor, Yes it is. I have not run into any issues yet with Anytime updates. Only recent issues with updates I have seen come from Windows 10 Fall editon 1709 and XP foh. They loose the ability to find the BOH. There is a simple solution to this.

Paul, The newer EDC, along with an update to Internet Explorer will resolve your SHA2 issues. EDC is version independent of Aloha. You can have Aloha manager 6.7 and still have EDC ver 14.

I do not suggest doing things yourself. There are many things that can go wrong during process. Or it could be a piece of cake. Just depends on your current state.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

I was told because i have takeout that needs to be updated also since edc links to takeout more.. true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back