Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDA Server and Webfocus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrortner

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
US
I am looking to migrate EDA Server off an OS390 mainframe to an NT 2000 windows box. Has anyone done this? I need some directions.

It depends on: what you are using the edaserver for? What it is accessing? What it is executing?

We are using it for WebFocus. We are accessing DB2 on OS390. The NT box will be using DB2 Connect to access DB2 on the OS390. We are executing WebFocus reports. Normally we would want to leave this on the mainframe but in our particular case we need to do the above. Can you help? Do you work for IBI?

I do not work for IBI. I have not had any experience with a mainframe but my environment seems to be similar. I have my web server on one NT box. I have my webfocus server on another NT box. I am accessing oracle data that is on HP and IBM servers (unix). All that you need to do is load webfocus on the NT server. However, follow the instructions for 3-tier installation. Also, IBI should be able to help you. Just call your local sales office...

Well?
Have you done the porting?
Was it easy?
I am about to do the same and I`ll be glad to hear some conclusions you reached to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back