Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Echo over IP sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacdougall

Technical User
Mar 25, 2014
CA
I have a customer with an IPO 8.1 using IP sets and analog trunks. They are getting recurring echo issues on the IP sets that I seem to be unable to isolate. Echo cancellation is set, and the lines have been auto balanced repeatedly. The echoing does not happen on all sets at one time, but does occur on all sets. All cabling has been tested and is 1Gb compliant. Any ideas what might be causing the set echoing?

do they get the echo on an in house ext to ext call? also are these real copper trunks?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

No echo apparently internal, and yes, true copper trunks in rotary from the CO.

I would 1st start by testing the copper lines by a qualified technician to at least rule the trunks out, also could be a flaky combo card if being used as I have heard echo issues from these cards in the past, just throwing things out there to look at, also when a set has an echo is it isolated to a certain line or card?

also make sure the gain control is shut off and believe it or not if the volume is all the way up on the phone this will give you echo, this is another reason why I do not like ip phones

Combo cards. Replace with VCM card. You will probably get echo nonetheless in this setup (analog + IP), but it should be easy to live with and occasional, as amriddle mentionned.

ACSS-SME

Or SIP, then they could make cost savings. PRI would likely cost more than they're paying now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back