Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECHO ON PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWISTEDAPP

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
CA
Customer gets intermittent echo or bounce back of their voice.
CSU is set to primary and have tried 0, 7.5, and 15. Have changed DSM, changed entire phone system including expansion cabinet. Problem still exists. It's a PRI from a reseller delivered over a Bell Circuit. They've done a loopback test and say it's within spec but these calls are still happening intermittently. It's terminated on a pairgain unit. I was thinking of seeing if I could find another unit with an inactive card to swap it out but don't know if that would solve it or if there are adjustments on that card that may make it operative. Anybody else suffer this problem? Help!

Make sure that you have the PRI installed in the main cabinet not the expansion cabinet.

Make sure that the cable between the main system and the expansion cabinet is the cable that came with the cabinet. it will have the metal ends on the RJ45.

This may not fix your problem but I like to check my basics first.

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back