Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECHO ON PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrast

Vendor
Oct 8, 2006
CA
I have a PRI that on occasion has echo on some calls. I have heard it. I saw on a previous post that you can change a setting in CSU area. I normally haven't turn on CSU, but understood it would give you a way to know if there were any clocking issues and faults etc. Should I just turn it off or is there a simple solution?

You may want to contact your LEC/CLEC and have them do some non-intrusive tests during the day, and intrustive after hours. Even with their tests sometimes you need a tech onsite to work with the mulitple CO's to ensure that the proper echo cancellors are in place if needed.

There is a setting called CSU line blind you can adjust the db settings on this. I have done this once before and it cleared up my echo issues.

I looked at CSU but it only had 0, 7 and 15 db settings? They all appeared to be gain and did not seem to get rid of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back