Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Echo on IP Phones 3.2(55) - 4.0.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrIPO

Instructor
Oct 23, 2003
AU
Is it just me or are people finding more Echo apparent on 3.2(55) and 4.0(5) sites that were fine are now experencing Echo on Calls on both ISDN and Alog Line. Even new installs I find seem to have more Echo related issues post cut over.

Yes the networks are Vlan'ed Etc Etc

ipo.gif

I have had some complaints with digital phones and PRI on 3.2.55 and 3.2.54.

I have 3 site / 3 Avaya tickets - all 406v2 US, 5410 sets with PRI with echo.

I have six sites with a 412 and 5 406 and 5410 tel sets.
All sites have echo when calls are made on the vlan. Have been fighting this for weeks and can't get it resolved.

You have to make sure that the Ethernet port on the Lan switch is set to 100/half if it is not you will have echo issues. The more IP calls in progress the more echo. We have several all IP sites running with out any issues.

Same here, I have 3 sites that Im battling echo with digital 54xx sets and PRI's.

Has anyone tried to turn Auto Gain Control off? Press HOLD 242#

Disable for all 3 options(headset, handset, speakerphone)

With IP Phones, I do that, I change the Gain on the IP Extension to 1db, and I make sure the compression is the same for the sets as well as IP Line if there is one. Turned echo into crystal clear calls in no time.

I have a customer on 3.2.55 with a 412 and a mixture of 4424 and 2410 phones. The echo they are complaining about is actually on the outside caller. When my IP Office user is on speaker phone and outside caller speaks, there is massive echo on about 40% of the calls. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back