Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECH(External call History Interface) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsunh

Programmer
Aug 23, 2003
AE
Deal all,

Due to growing call volume, we want to use External Call History interface package to see call records. i need to know the following info on ECH as how it works pls.

1.Is the data from the cms is dumped to a external database? Which type of database is required ( MS SQL or Oracle)?
2. Is there any front-end tool provided with ECH to query & view the reports?
3. What is the ( BOQ) bill of quantities to complete above set up?
3. Any idea about the cost of the package?

Looking forward to hear your valued feedback at the earliest
thanks

Waiting for your replies

hi ,

techie reply, my previous worklplace has ECH , how it works is that it dumps raw data, which we consolidated on the CMS server (OOH ;o}) and FTP job at midnight to a SQL server. Fairly simple ..

First a disclaimer: I'm just getting started with the whole Avaya thing, so this information is likely to be incomplete.

From what I've learned so far, the ECH is a binary file pushed to a user-definable location using uucp or different means. The push happens at the end of every intervall (as low as 15 minutes) or whenever the buffer you've defined is full. It's up to the user to look for new data on the destination system, come up with a parser for the binary data file and import it to a database.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do in the near future. :-/

Check the ECH documentation for more details.

>... so this information is likely to be incomplete.
Yes.
push via uucp or ftp as binary every 15min or at a buffersize of 20MB.... whatever comes first.

>It's up to the user to look for new data on the >destination system, come up with a parser for the binary >data file and import it to a database.
There is an DTS-Package for MS-SQL available, if u do not go with MSSQL, you're on your own.

2. Is there any front-end tool provided with ECH to query & view the reports?
No.

3. Any idea about the cost of the package?
i'm not going to tell my sources ;)) maybe ~$7k

InfoSucker: Yes, I've heard that there's something like a MSSQL package... But we're running Sybase databases on Solaris, so I doubt that'll work - but maybe it will, depending on what version of MSSQL they require. MSSQL emerged from Sybase a few years ago, but was heavily changed in the meantime.

Do you have any more details on that?

ooo. very interested in more info about this dts package.
i'm getting ready to turn up echi at my site (building mssql server this weekend).

Has anyone had any experience parsing these ECH files? I am currently writing a parser and I'm having some issues. I am running into a problem when parsing the bit fields

I have written a parser for ech data. Let me know what your issue is, I will try to assist.

We've now got the ECH interface in place, and get the data by ftp as comma-separated ascii files. So no need to build a parser for the binary files :) But I don't know if we had to pay extra $$ for this feature.

I'm having some issues with some of the finals values that I'm parsing. For instance, I only seem to be getting 9 values for the CALLING_PTY field. Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back