Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECC and Oracle Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsra

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
I am trying to install the oracle agent on for an AIX 5.3 box with 64 bit architechure. I know that in 64 bit it has to monitor in a proxy configuration. I currently have the symapi server running. The next step is to push out the oracle agent from the console. The problem I am having is that it is not in the list of agents to push out. I know it is licensed since all of the avaliable licenses for ECC were purchased. Any idea why it is not there?

Thanks.

Your target for the Oracle agent install needs to target a supported OS, such as AIX 5.2 or windows box... and that box will proxy monitor the Oracle instances on 5.3 servers for you. Note the comment below that states both the proxy and the client must be the same version of Solutions enabler.

Check the "EMC ControlCenter 5.2 Support Matrix" or "EMC ControlCenter 6.0 Support Matrix" depending on your version. Table 40.

Some interesting foot notes in the matrix:

a. All Database agents (Oracle Agent and Common Mapping Agent) require Solutions Enabler.

b. Proxy connects require same version of Solutions Enabler on both the Server and the Client hosts. The Host being proxied to requires
Solutions Enabler to be licensed and the Solutions Enabler API Server installed.

p. Oracle 10g with ASM is not supported.

a. ControlCenter is unable to discover or map Oracle ASM volumes to backend storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back