Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prulite

Technical User
Jul 12, 2010
US
I have successfully set up EC 500 on many of our extensions and it works great except... we have our cell phones programmed to forward to our office voicemail if the cell phone is not answered, so if someone calls the cell phone directly and the call is ignored it will call the office Avaya system, but with the EC500 activated it then calls the cell phone # back, and so on. Is there a way to tell the Avaya system not to EC500 if it is the cell phone number calling or is there a way to direct the call directly into voicemail? Not send calls because that will over ride the EC 500.

It's not actually the cell that's placing the call to the PBX - it would be the number that originated the call...

Short answer: Just advertise One number (your office extension) and you'll be all set. Otherwise not sure of anything in the PBX that can resolve your issue.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

When I call my desk phone from my cell, it goes straight to my voicemail. This is because the system recognizes the cell number as being associated with my desk phone. Do you have callerID on your incoming calls so that the system will recognize the call from the cell phone and not treat it for EC500?

Yes, if I call from my cell phone it goes directly into my voicemail but it seems when the rejected call to my cell phone # is forwarded it sends out the caller's caller id, not my cell number.

Off the top of my head, what if you built VDN/Vectors that pointed those rejected calls directly into voicemails? Yeah, you'd burn through some DIDs doing so, but you would bypass the desk phone and EC500.

Thank you, I really appreciate the help, I added the DID's and that solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back