Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 / Want Messages to Go to MM and Not Visual Voice Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDTurk

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2009
US
I have EC500 activated on my desk phone with the calls going to my cellular. Messages are going to the Visual Voice Mail that I have set on the cellular. Is there a way to have only callers to my office extension directed to Modular Messaging rather than the voice mail on my cell phone? Thanks.

S8730 Processors (Redundncy/Mirror Img)
Aura 5.2 (Communication Manager)

Won't calls made to your extension go to coverage if your cell is not answered in the set amount of rings? Set your Cov path to MM.

I could be way off, but figure its worth a shot.

create a second config set and set "Confirmed Answer? to yes... It will require them to hit a key to accept the call...

change off-pbx-telephone configuration-set 2 Page 1 of 1

CONFIGURATION SET: 2

Configuration Set Description: Test EC
Calling Number Style: network
CDR for Origination: phone-number
CDR for Calls to EC500 Destination? y
Fast Connect on Origination? n
Post Connect Dialing Options: dtmf
Cellular Voice Mail Detection: none
Barge-in Tone? n
Calling Number Verification? y
Call Appearance Selection for Origination: primary-first
Confirmed Answer? y Timeout (seconds): 15

Use Shared Voice Connections for Second Call Answered? n
Use Shared Voice Connections for Second Call Initiated? n

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Set your coverage path to be less rings than it takes for your cell phone to answer the voice mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back