Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 vs XMOBILE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJRing444

Technical User
Sep 13, 2013
US
First what is the difference? Is one to use
more of an advantage than the other ?

I know there is a way but I think i know how also ....we know how EC500 works .....is it possible to program the Pbx ....so when you make a call from your cellphone ....the person receiving the call thinks it is from your extension ?

What are the steps ?

EC500 bridges your desk phone to your cell. Voicemails still go to your desk.

One X puts your desk phone on your cell. Outbound calls actually go out your outbound trunks not your cell so the call is actually coming from your phone system not your cell. you can do extension to extension dialing and the person receiving the call sees it as your extension.

Thanks for your response . Do you need liscenses to run XMOBILE? EC500?
Is the configuration setups different? Where can I find ?

yes, yes and yes, For one X you will need a CES server and I believe another. Not an expert in which hardware you will need, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

OK, so XMOBILE stations are old, you don't want to use them. EC500 is the more recent feature set. So, "list off-pbx station-mapping" and you can map an external number to an internal extension.

If your cell is in there, and EC500 is enabled on your station, you get simultaneous ringing. You can also "display off-pbx feature-name-extensions" and assign features like "grab a line" or "hold" "conference" or "transfer" to extensions. Assign DIDs to these extensions.

Then you get the app on your iphone or android. If LJRing's cell number calls the DID that maps to the number to "grab a line", then you grab a line.

The mobile app has a config that, when you're in it, doesn't dial out the cell network. It looks like you're just using your cell, but when you have the app open, it shows your contacts or gives you a dialpad and when you dial, it doesn't dial the number you want. It actually dials the DID to the PBX to grab a line. When CM sees LJRing's cell call the number to grab a line, it answers the call and gives your cell dial tone. The app in the background knows that and then sends the digits your cell dialed. CM sends the call out as if it were from your extension.

Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back