Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmfrazz

Programmer
May 6, 2011
US
It's been a while since I have used the EC500. I got it all set up properly. The problem is, the user wants to know it's coming from her desk so she knows how to answer the phone. Currently, it displays the incoming caller ID of the party calling. Is there a way to display just the extension of the user so instead of seeing 515-222-222 she sees x5121? Thank you. You guys are always so helpful!

Check your tandem calling table as you may be manipulating digits in there , however you should be able to just change the public unknown number table add her station number and map her DDI to it ,then she will see the DDI that the enduser called instead of the passthrough number ....... strange though usually people want to see the number that has called and most of the time its a pain to get working or simply wont work so tell her how lucky she is.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Change or type values in the following fields as appropriate:
-
Configuration Set:
The
Configuration Set
field is where you describe the purposes of
the configuration set. For example, you can type "Extension to Cellular handsets."
-
Calling Number Style:
The
Calling Number Style
field determines the format of the
caller ID for calls from a local switch extension to an Extension to Cellular cell phone.
Using the default value
network
causes the system to use the 10-digit calling
identification information established on the ISDN public-unknown numbering screen.
See
Sending 10-digit caller identification for locally-originated calls
on page 50. The
pbx
value allows a cell phone caller ID display of fewer than 10-digits such as an extension.
change off-pbx-telephone configuration-set 1 Page 1 of 1
Pick a configuration set not used list off-pbx station will show the ones in use. Then change off-pbx-telephone configuration-set x and change the calling number style to PBX. I havent tried it but reads like it would work

calling number style
The way a caller’s identity is displayed to the called party by either a 10-digit
number or a pbx extension
CONFIGURATION SET: x

Configuration Set Description:
Calling Number Style: network
CDR for Origination: phone-number
CDR for Calls to EC500 Destination? y
Fast Connect on Origination? n
Post Connect Dialing Options: dtmf
Cellular Voice Mail Detection: none
Barge-in Tone: n
Identity When Bridging? station
Valid entries Usage
free text
Type up to 20 characters, free-screen text
Valid entries Usage
network
pbx
Default =
network

Do you want the ec500 user to see her own extension? Don't think that is possible, the PBX sends the format of the calling party either as network or PBX (where internal extension calling the ec500 will send their extension number) . I generally turn on confirmed answer, this way when you answer and hear beeps, you have to press a digit to accept the call, gives audio confirmation versus visual that it is a work call.

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

yeah good point i had assumed that the extn number was part of the users ddi , but that may not be the case , i would go for confirmed answer as mike suggests if the ddi does not match the extn.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Yes, I am looking for the end user to see her own extension as the caller ID so she knows how to answer her cell. It's her personal cell so she wants to be able to distinguish work calls from personal. She certainly doesn't want to answer the CEO's call without the proper greeting. Again, thanks for the help!

Have the off-pbx config set to PBX on Calling Number Style than, this way the internal extension is sent to the EC500 cell phone.

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back