Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 Problem: "Error encountered, cannot complete request."

Status
Not open for further replies.

2john2

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
System: G3xV12 Software Version: R012x.01.1.414.1

The core issue of my problem is that I get an error: "Error encountered, cannot complete request."

I get this error when I try the command:
"display off-pbx-telephone station-mapping 7016"

I do NOT get this error when I try this:
"display off-pbx-telephone station-mapping 7019"

Both 7016 and 7019 are regular user extensions with EC500 enabled. The 7016's EC500 is not working. 7019 is.

When I use the command:
"display off-pbx-telephone station-mapping 7019" it lists the data for x7019 and x7071 (I am only using 3 EC500 extensions right now)

"change off-pbx-telephone station-mapping 7016" gives me the error too.

Curious though, when I use this command:
"list off-pbx-telephone station-mapping"
I *ONLY* get the station information for x7016 (with the correct cell phone number mapped) and then it gives me the error.

I've tried this using Emulation and using GEDI, both work the same.

I thought to remove/add x7016, but it says I have to remove it from the off-pbx list first, and I can't get to it on the off-pbx list via "change".

I haven't tried rebooting the switch. Oh, the switch is only about 4 months old.

Any help?

That's software corruption.

If it's only four months old, you should be able to open a ticket with Avaya's corruption team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back