Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ec500 limit to 4 station mappings

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty773

Technical User
Jan 3, 2002
US
We are using CM 5.0 and using the Ec500 feature. Plemty of licenses. We have a help line we would like to ring more than 4 phones. When attempted to map a station more that 4 times the system says the maximum number of applications for this extension has been met. Does anyone have a work around to map more than 4 ec500 applications for a single extension? Any help is appreciated.

Hi. Isn't it just a limit of call-appearance lines? Did you try add more call-appr buttons? Remember that "Restrict Last call appearance" if enabled reserves one line for outgoing calls only, It means if you have 5 call-appearances assigned only 4 incoming calls may be received.

Thanks for the post but that does not seem to be the case in CM 5. I only have 2 call appearance on the phone yet it allows 4 station mappings. I have tried adding a bunch more and it still only allows 4 entries in the table for one extension.

I have just realized I didn't understand your question well. What actually means "the system says the maximum number of applications for this extension has been met"? Is it an error message or voice announcement, where do you get it?

When I attempt to add the extension to the table and press enter i get an error that says "1400" Maximum number of applications already administered for this extension.

Is it about off-pbx station-mapping table or what? Sorry, unclear. As far as I remember this table may not have more than one association extension-mobile.

Code:
System: Extra Large       Software Version: R015x.00.0.825.4

display system-parameters customer-options                      Page   1 of  11
                                OPTIONAL FEATURES

G3 Version: V15                             Software Package: Enterprise
       Location: 1                            RFA System ID (SID): 54321
       Platform: 6                            RFA Module ID (MID): 1

USED
                                Platform Maximum Ports: 48000 102
                                      Maximum Stations: 50    46
                              Maximum XMOBILE Stations: 0     0
                    Maximum Off-PBX Telephones - EC500: 5     0

When you add off-pbx station-mapping it will increment "one" used for each EC500

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back