Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 for DECT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tx0223

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
US
Hi

We have a customer that wants some users to have both a desk phone and a DECT phone. They should ring simultaneously, but when one is answered the user should be in a "busy" mode.

I mean with that last that when the user picks up e.g. the wireless phone and another call comes in, the desk phone does not ring.

Can EC500 be used for what I just described (I hope it is clear enough)? Can it be used on internal wireless phones?

Thanks

What king of inter wireless phone? EC500 is for cell phones.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

It can with a DECT. You would set up xmobile stations for the desk phones and use the DECT DID in place of the wireless number. If the DECT doesn't not have call waiting they will only need one xmobile station for each. Hell I've setup xmobile station to multi line analog...it should work with a DECT.

n00b

what is a DECT phone?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

oh I see. We use Spectralink.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Thanks for the reply, guys. Unfortunately I won't be able to test it until after the weekend, but I'm confident it'll work based on your feedback.

Just wasn't sure because the documentation specifically only mentionned cell phones, but DECT -at least in Europe- is still used quite a bit and this feature would be very useful!

EC500 can be used with DECT phones but will not busy the other phone when one is answered. This is also true if you use with cellular. You can enter several endpoints to ring simultaneously if you really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back