Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500-Caller ID inbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdue

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2007
US
EC500 is it set up in my location on CM 2.2 and it works except for when I call into the office, caller ID still shows my cell #. In a location using CM 3.1.1, a person w/EC500 can call from his cell, it shows his office # on the recipient's display. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it has something to do w/the release I am at....I noticed that on the Config Set form of the off-pbx-station mapping, that there are 2 extra options in 3.1.1 - "calling number verification" and "identity when bridging"...could that be it?

What has me stumped is according to documentation, you are supposed to set up various "xmobile" things - stations, trunks, etc. and I do not see any of that in the location using 3.1.1.

Set up your off-pbx station mapping like this and calls to users on your pbx will look like they are coming from your office phone:

Extension Prefix Selection Set
37191 EC500 1 - 312XXXXXXX ars

Figured it out! I needed to add the area code in the cell # field...now it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back