Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 and Verizon Wireless 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejkro

Programmer
Jan 25, 2007
US
Hi everyone. I was able to setup EC500 with no problems and I am able to get it to ring my AT&T wireless phone with no problems. It even brings over caller ID. I am having a problem with my Verizon Wireless phones. The phones ring but when you try to pick it up it hangs up right away. It's a not a phone issue because I've used different models of phones and none of them are working. Also, when the phone rings it displays an incorrect caller ID number. Anyone else run in to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried running a list trace to see what is happening to the call?

The Caller ID thing...not all carriers let you pass the caller ID through...which leads to the main billing telephone number on your PRI to be displayed on your phone...

I have ran into this problem and the fix for me was I did a change on off-pbx-telephone configuration-set and set the Cellular Voice Mail Detection to none. The only cell phone carriers that this setting seems to work on is Cingular and T-Mobile there might be more but I have not had an opportunity to test. The carrirers that I know dont work are Verizon and Sprint. If there is a better fix please let me know.

Here is our Verizon Wireless setup:

Configuration Set Description: Verizon Wireless
Calling Number Style: pbx
CDR for Origination: extension
CDR for Calls to EC500 Destination? y
Fast Connect on Origination? n
Post Connect Dialing Options: dtmf
Cellular Voice Mail Detection: timed (seconds): 5
Barge-in Tone? n
Identity When Bridging: principal

Thanks to all of you. I was just able to test with all of this and gonzalez is right. It's the Cellular Voice Mail Detection. If it is set to Message it will not work. I set it to timed or none and it works fine. I'm not that worried about the Caller ID. We set it up so that all outgoing calls on our PRI are listed as one number so that we didn't get patients calling doctors directly. Thanks again all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back